Tinnin Learning & Student Support Center
The Learning Support Program at Menaul School has within its foundation a strong conviction in the capability of each Menaul student to thrive in the classroom environment. Menaul students are diverse and impressive in their unique offerings to the school. When academic difficulties arise, the Learning Support Program is present as a resource for ensuring optimal academic success across the curriculum. This program sets us apart from other independent schools in the Albuquerque area.
We provide assistance to those students demonstrating academic difficulties. Specifically, learning needs are met through the coordination of learning support programs, including in-class accommodations, after-school tutoring, and other various services both on and off campus as needed. The services provided stem directly from each student's areas of difficulty and are designed to meet academic needs on a highly individualized basis.
Emphasis is placed on in-class accommodations, rather than on a separate learning support class. This means that the primary responsibility for meeting academic needs will rest with regular classroom faculty. However, additional support will be given in the form of after-school tutoring or short pull-out sessions for individualized teaching on specific classrooms skills (e.g., note-taking, memorization, and organization) as appropriate.
Goals of the Learning Support Program at Menaul School include:
- Students will feel confident in their ability to excel in the classroom environment.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of classroom material and assignments.
- Students will effectively organize their thoughts in written and spoken expression.
- Students will show a desire to learn and a passion for areas of academic interest.
- Students will meet all requirements for graduation.