Menaul School Benefits
Menaul School provides a comprehensive program of benefits for full-time employees, which includes participation in a healthcare program, short and long term disability benefits, dental insurance, a retirement program, and 80% tuition remission for children of faculty and staff.
Current Openings - Albuquerque Campus (2):
Admission Associate/ International Recruiter
The Admission Associate/ International Recruiter is responsible for insuring the success of Menaul School through recruiting highly qualified students, and serving as administrative support for the Office of Admission. The Admission Associate/ International Recruiter reports to the Director of Admission and works with the Admission Office staff under the guidance of the Head of School.
In Mind, Body and Spirit, our mission is to prepare students to succeed. Menaul School develops excellence, confidence and integrity and provides the foundation for lifelong learning and ethical leadership. Menaul School provides a top flight college preparatory education with 98% of Menaul School students attending universities all over the United States with 47% on average being the first in their families to do so. For more information about Menaul School, please go to: www.menaulschool.com.
The Admission Associate/ International Recruiter must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people from a variety of cultures. The Admission Associate must also be flexible, and able to focus on results.
Increase International Boarding and Day student enrollment.
Increase Domestic Boarding student enrollment.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Market Menaul School to international families and educational consultants globally and in the local international community, with an emphasis on students from countries other than China.
- Travel on behalf of Menaul School to countries and recruiting fairs, to further Menaul School’s exposure to international students.
- Screen all potential international candidates for suitability for admission to Menaul School.
- Work collaboratively with the Admission Department on the development of international student admission materials.
- Coordinate with contracted international recruiters.
- Inform potential students on the average costs of studying at Menaul School, including tuition, room, board, additional fees, and travel expenses.
- Inform international students of the application process, and advise and assist applicants with the completion of the process.
- Advise students on immigration regulations and visa requirements for students intending to enroll in the United States, and assist students with all necessary application procedures.
- Advise students and their parents on communication once students have started their courses, and assist parents to communicate with students and Menaul School when necessary through the duration of their enrollment.
- Work collaboratively with Admission and Academic staff on retention of enrolled international students throughout the student’s enrollment at Menaul School.
- Serve as Administrative Support for registration and enrollment, during peak time periods for Admission Department.
- Recruit domestically, in areas outside of the Albuquerque Metro area, as needed and determined by the Director of Admission.
- Maintain accurate records of all travels, contacts, and results for reporting purposes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Previous experience in schools, recruiting/admission preferred
- Experience with international travel preferred
Full-time Employee; Exempt
Full-time work schedule, which includes evening and weekend hours.
Must be willing to travel to other countries and throughout New Mexico, for periods of about a week or more, as determined by the Director of Admission and under the guidance of the Head of School.
65% Recruiting (both International and Domestic)/35% Administrative Support mainly during peak times, in office
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Application deadline is October 15, 2014.
EOE. Qualified applicants should submit letter of interest, resume and three references to: Director of Admission and Financial Aid Amy Boldt,
Menaul School, 301 Menaul Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107, but we prefer an email to email@example.com.
Menaul School Teach-Intern Program
Menaul School is seeking recent college graduates or graduate students interested in working under supervision to develop the varied skills required of secondary boarding school teachers.
The Menaul School Teach-Intern Program offers as wide an exposure as possible to all aspects of life at Menaul School. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in mission-critical projects at an urban, international boarding school in the Southwest while serving on the front lines as they participate in the unique and exciting work of fostering students from across the globe.
The Intern’s responsibilities will include supervised teaching under the guidance of an experienced member of the faculty and assisting with or observation of other classes. Interns also help coach athletics, assist in dormitory supervision and activities and participate in other areas of school life commensurate with their interests and talents.
Menaul School is a 6-12 independent, co-educational school whose mission is to prepare students to succeed in mind, body and spirit with historical connections to the Presbyterian Church. Menaul School operates an upper school and a middle school on a fully functional 30-acre campus near downtown Albuquerque, NM that includes classroom buildings, an auditorium, arts facilities, and gymnasiums. In addition, the school employs a dedicated and talented middle school teaching staff and is in the second year of an innovative iPad program.
Teach-Intern appointments are ten month (August to June) positions. Interns receive a monthly stipend along with living quarters and meals in the school cafeteria. Teaching areas open to interns are the Sciences, English, History, Religion & Mathematics.
College seniors, recent graduates or graduate students interested in applying for the Menaul School Teach-Intern Program should submit a cover letter, a resume indicating previous employment, education, interests and athletic experience; college transcript; and three letters of recommendation to:
Menaul School Teach-Intern Program
301 Menaul Blvd. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107
Email the above to Tom Baumgartel at firstname.lastname@example.org