Menaul School Benefits
Menaul School provides a comprehensive program of benefits for full-time employees, which includes participation in a healthcare program, short and long term disability benefits, dental insurance, a retirement program, and 80% tuition remission for children of faculty and staff.
Current Openings - Albuquerque Campus (3):
Director of Advancement
Employment Posting December 2014
DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT
Menaul School is seeking a creative and energetic individual to design, implement, manage, and coordinate the advancement activities in all areas: fundraising including annual and capital giving, donor cultivation, social media, and special events. The Director of Advancement should have development experience in these areas, have exceptional relationship management skills, and possess energy and enthusiasm. The Director of Advancement will work closely with the Head of School and the Institutional Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees and oversee the Office of Institutional Advancement staff and volunteers. This person should also be able to develop policies and procedures for the Advancement Office. Additionally, this person needs to be able to foster an understanding and philanthropy within the organization. The position offers opportunities for professional growth and to contribute meaningfully to the work and mission of Menaul School.
ABOUT MENAUL SCHOOL
In mind, body and spirit, our mission is to prepare students to succeed. Menaul School provides an exceptional college preparatory education to a diverse and typically underserved community. Nearly 100% of Menaul School graduates go on to attend colleges and universities throughout the United States, with 47% on average being the first in their families to do so. For more information about Menaul School, please go to www.menaulschool.com.
Donor Cultivation – oversee and coordinate the work of the Relationship Associate to:
- Maintain personal, individualized relationships with all current and potential donors.
- Oversee the planning and execution of all Advancement events, including Homecoming, Grand Panther Day, a spring Cinco de Mayo event, and Golden Graduation.
- Produce Menaul’s weekly electronic newsletter.
- Maintain and keep current Menaul School’s Facebook page, Twitter account, etc.
- Create and publish all donor mailings, alumni communications, etc.
- Organize committee meetings and other meetings.
Communication – oversee and coordinate the work of the Communication Associate to:
- Maintain database and donor records.
- Send thank you letters and end-of-year statements to donors
- Edit all donor mailings, alumni communications, etc.
- Conduct donor research and create donor reports.
- Schedule Minutes for Mission and other church visits.
- Coordinate appeal mailings.
Grants & Foundations
- Maintain relationships with current funding sources – foundations, businesses, churches – by producing timely, accurate grant reports; updating funding sources on major events; and resubmitting funding requests annually as appropriate.
- Seek new funding sources through research and appropriate initial contacts, such as letters of inquiry.
- Prepare regular reports on progress toward established goals.
- Keep communications with the Institutional Advancement Committee chair and members open and current.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head of School.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Administrative team, setting direction for the school.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Business Administration, Non-Profit Management, Marketing or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Significant experience in advancement, fundraising, grant-seeking, donor cultivation, and event-planning.
- Knowledgeable with fundraising best practices and current philosophies.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results and proficiency in MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of donor databases preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small and large group presentations.
- Ability to effectively articulate and live out Menaul School’s mission.
- Adaptable to a variety of personalities.
POSITION STATUS: Full-time administrative employee. Exempt.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time work schedule, which includes occasional evening and weekend hours.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Looking to fill position immediately. EOE. Qualified applicants should submit electronic letter of interest, resume, and three references to Assistant to Head of School Cindy Symonds at email@example.com.
Middle and Upper School Chorus Teacher
Menaul School is seeking a qualified and energetic Middle and Upper School Chorus Teacher. The successful candidate will join our faculty in January 2015 and will teach one section each of middle and upper school chorus. The two courses occur in the middle of every school day from 11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Requirements for the position:
- The willingness and ability to teach and encourage adolescent singers
- A degree in choral music or the equivalent experience
- Willingness to work as a team member with a collaborative faculty
- The skill and availability to stage at least two evening concerts per semester and occasional short concerts during the day
- Five to eight years’ teaching experience
- Experience working in an independent school
Menaul School is a 6-12 independent, co-educational school in Albuquerque, New Mexico, whose mission is to prepare students to succeed in mind, body, and spirit with historical connections to the Presbyterian Church. Menaul School operates an upper school and a middle school on a fully functional 30-acre campus that includes classroom buildings, an auditorium, arts facilities, and gymnasiums. In addition, the school employs a dedicated and talented teaching staff. We are in the middle of the second year of an innovative iPad program.
Features of the position include broad teacher autonomy, extensive support from colleagues, and frequent dialogue with extremely supportive families. Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest, a resume, and a list of three references to: Tom Baumgartel, Academic Director, Menaul School, 301 Menaul Blvd. N.E., Albuquerque, N.M. 87107, or send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE. Applications will be considered through January 5, 2015.
Menaul School Teach-Intern Program
Menaul School is seeking recent college graduates or graduate students interested in working under supervision to develop the varied skills required of secondary boarding school teachers.
The Menaul School Teach-Intern Program offers as wide an exposure as possible to all aspects of life at Menaul School. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in mission-critical projects at an urban, international boarding school in the Southwest while serving on the front lines as they participate in the unique and exciting work of fostering students from across the globe.
The Intern’s responsibilities will include supervised teaching under the guidance of an experienced member of the faculty and assisting with or observation of other classes. Interns also help coach athletics, assist in dormitory supervision and activities and participate in other areas of school life commensurate with their interests and talents.
Menaul School is a 6-12 independent, co-educational school whose mission is to prepare students to succeed in mind, body and spirit with historical connections to the Presbyterian Church. Menaul School operates an upper school and a middle school on a fully functional 30-acre campus near downtown Albuquerque, NM that includes classroom buildings, an auditorium, arts facilities, and gymnasiums. In addition, the school employs a dedicated and talented middle school teaching staff and is in the second year of an innovative iPad program.
Teach-Intern appointments are ten month (August to June) positions. Interns receive a monthly stipend along with living quarters and meals in the school cafeteria. Teaching areas open to interns are the Sciences, English, History, Religion & Mathematics.
College seniors, recent graduates or graduate students interested in applying for the Menaul School Teach-Intern Program should submit a cover letter, a resume indicating previous employment, education, interests and athletic experience; college transcript; and three letters of recommendation to:
Menaul School Teach-Intern Program
301 Menaul Blvd. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107
Email the above to Tom Baumgartel at email@example.com